Everyone loves pasta, so everyone should know how to create awesome Homemade Pasta Dough themselves. In the original recipe you take wheat flour, but you can definetly test around with whole-grain or spelt.
The Dough can be enrolled with a pasta machine and be processed afterwards to various types of fresh pasta. Who doesn’t own a pasta machine can do this with a rolling pin as well, but this can be quiet exhausting.
I personally use this Pasta Machine from Gefu but you can also use any other pasta machine if you want to. You can xhoose the thickness of the pasta dough and use them as lasagne or swabian pocket dough directly. You can also process them further by cutting the dough into linguine, tagliatelle or spaghetti. You can also excel circles and create homemade ravioli or tortellini.
Recipes where the Pasta Dough is used:
- 100g Flour
- 1 Egg
- strain the flour into a bowl
- Add the Egg, a dash of salt, a tablespoon of water and half of a tablespoon oliveoil.
- knead, knead,knead
- The dough is perfect when it is an elasticand smooth dough that doesn't stick to your fingers
- When your dough is done and well knead you put it into clingfilm and let it rest for at least 30 minutes on a cold place.
- Problem & Solving: You cannot calculate the exact amount of water and flour, because of the size of the egg and the texture of the flour.
- The dough is sticky: you need flour the dough is crumbly: you need water
- If you need water just wet your hand and knead the dough. So it is easy to adjust the amount of water you knead into the dough and the distribution of water is quiet perfect.