A burger is not perfect without his perfect burger bun. Because the tasks of the burger bun are often underestimated. When the bun doesn’t deliver some high quality, the dinner will be a little fiasko. The burger bun should be fluffy and doesn’t steel the show of the main ingredients of the burger. But it should be firm enough to take all the lovely juices and sauce that comes out of the burger and doesn’t break on bite. The internet is full of burger bun recipes, but till now nothing didn’t really satisfied us. We tested around a lot of time and tried different techniques, but we are super happy to announce, that we developed our personal super burger bun recipe. That is really fluffy, tasty and possible to do for everyone. Because we often had the issue, that we tried recipes and the result was a little catastrophy, because it simply didn’t work out. So don’t wait to try ours and ROCK THE TASTE!!!!
Perfect Burger Bun for:
- 250g Flour 550
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 100ml lukewarm Water
- 30g Butter
- 1/4 cube Yeast
- 1 Egg
- 1tbsp Sugar
- Mix up the milk, the sugar and the yeast and let it rest for 10 minutes
- knead the butter with the flour, so that you get some small clots.
- mix up a half of the egg with the yeastwater.
- Stir the flour into the water and stir fullblooded. The slower you give in the flour, the more flour will be bound in the water before start kneading, so you will save some energy 😉
- When all of the flour is in the water, fitness part starts out. Start kneading the dough til it's soft and not sticky anymore. if the dough stays sticky, add some flour.
- Now cover the dough with a blanket and let it rest for 60 minutes on a warm place, i.e. in the oven at 40°C.
- Now the dough should have something like three times of it's starting volume. You can carefully form 4 burger buns out of it.
- The buns should rest for another 60 minutes.
- Now coat the buns with the rest of the egg, spread some sesam on top and bake them in the oven for 30 minutes at 200°C till they are golden brown and the appartement smells like a super bakery!