In germany almost erveryone knows them, Bread Dumplings or as we call them: Semmelknödel. It’s kind of a classical and traditional german side dish for all kinds of roasted meat and traditional recipes. With cheap and easy to get ingredients like old bread, bacon, onion and eggs, you can create something beautifull, that fits to everything meaty and even vegeterian main. To get a premium version of the bread dumpling, we create the sliced version of it. Therefore you can create the whole same dough as for normal ones, but wrap it into a towel and cook it in a form like a saussage. Afterwards you cut slices of it down and serve them to your guests in a nice arrangement. That looks beautifull and even better than a simple dumpling. In spite of the simple ingredients the dumplings where no poor faulks meal. They were always served on celebrations and even weddings. so let’s go Rock the Taste!
Honey Aplle Red Cabbage
Soft Deer Goulash in Port Wine Vegetables
- 4 Bread Bun
- 2 Eggs
- 300ml Milk
- 150g Bacon
- 1 Onion
- Chop the onion and bacon
- Braise both in butter for 5 minutes till the bacon is golden brown
- Chop the buns and give it into a bowl
- Give in the eggs ,milk, bacon and onion.
- Season it with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Knead everything
- Let it rest for 30 minutes
- Knead it again
- Flatten a clean towel, put the dough on top and form kind of a sausage
- Wrap the dough saussage into the towel and tie up the ends with some strands to get kind of a candy.
- Let it simmer for 20 minuts in a huge pot filled with boiling water.
- Take it out, unwrap the dumpling and cut it into slices