Summer is awesome, isn’t it? Not just because the sun is shining and everybody seems to be in a better mood, but also because there are so many lightweight dishes, that get the attention they deserve. That we really like tarte flambee is no secret. At the latest since this tarte flambee with callion and mushrooms and the tarte flambees with spinach or pumpkin we couldn’t deny that. But we are always surprised and fascinated again how creative a tarte flambee can become when walking through the market and don’t know what to buy today. A tarte flambee is great with almost every topping. It even deserves quiet perfect with all those leftovers in your fridge.
A Turkish Supermarket and a lot of Herbs
We came up with the idea of a herb tarte flambee with spring onions and mushrooms when we were in a turkish supermarket, we felt in love a few weeks ago. We just stood there and were impressed by the new and different looking vegetables. But then we just saw the scallions, as we know them, nothing special and knew: that’s it. The story behind the herbs instead is completly different. Fresh herbs appear in almost every dish this year. We grow some rosemary, thyme, mint, rocket salad and sage on our balcony. They really run riot and we cannot use more then they grow again. But since we just tried fresh herbs on tarte flambees we definetly don’t want to miss them anymore. They really push it to the next level, tarte flambe 2.0 as you wish.
- 400g Flour
- 300g Sourcream
- 200g Mushrooms
- 8 Scallion
- 4 leaves of fresh Sage
- 2 tbsp fresh Rosemary
- 2 tbsp fresh Thyme
- 50g Parmesan
- fresh ground black Pepper
- Chop the fresh herbs.
- Cut the scallion and mushrooms into thin slices.
- Mix up bakingpowder, flour and salt into a bowl
- give in a bit of water and work it into a smooth dough, that doesn't stick to your fingers.
- Roll out the elastic dough.
- Put some sourcream onto the base and pour the herbs and some pepper on top.
- Add some Parmesan.
- Finally add the scallions and mushrooms on top .
- Put the tarte flambee into oven on a hot pizza stone for 10 Minutes at maximum heat.